Stephanie H. Shih
Brooklyn, New York
Face Mask Design: "Snax"
STEPHANIE H. SHIH is a Taiwanese American artist exploring concepts of home, not just as a physical place, but also as cultural, generational, and emotional spaces we inhabit. Her work has been shown at Perrotin Editions (New York, NY), the American Museum of Ceramic Arts (Pomona, CA), and Wieden+Kennedy (Portland, OR), and featured by NPR, Los Angeles Times, The New Yorker, and The Guardian. She lives in Brooklyn.
Photo credit: David Brandon Geeting, Guillaume Ziccarelli, and Wilder Davies.
Installation view by Wieden+Kennedy. Photos of work by a Robert Bredvad
Q + A
1. WHICH FACE MASK DID YOU DESIGN ?
2. WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?
3. YOUR STYLE IN ONE WORD?
4. ONE THING THAT HELPS YOU STAY CREATIVE?
Moving my studio into my apartment.
5. WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
Making art for a living is basically the dream.
6. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT NYC?
Endless options and possibilities.
7. THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD INVITE TO DINNER? (ALIVE or DEAD)
My three best friends, who all live very far away.
8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SNACK?
Boiled potatoes with fancy butter.
9. YOU LAST SHOW YOU BINGED…
The Last Dance.
10. DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT SUNDAY
A walk in Dead Horse Bay and cooking for friends.
11. WHAT KIND OF WORK WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOCUS ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
More groceries :)
12. WHAT'S YOUR STAR SIGN?
Libra double Gemini.