Face Mask Design: "All Together"
Lorien Stern is a full time artist living in Inyokern, California, a small town in the Western Mojave Desert. She makes ceramic art and runs a small brand consisting of clothing, home goods, and accessories. Her goal as an artist is to make people feel happy when they see her work with subjects related to nature, celebration, and death. She received her BFA from California College of the Arts in 2013 as an Individualized Major.
Q + A
1. WHICH ITEM DID YOU DESIGN ?
The face mask!
2. WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?
3. YOUR STYLE IN ONE WORD?
4. ONE THING THAT HELPS YOU STAY CREATIVE?
5. WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
Working for myself and making stuff that makes me feel happy.
6. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT THE WESTERN MOJAVE DESERT?
The nature, space, and quiet.
7. THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD INVITE TO DINNER? (ALIVE or DEAD)
Eminem, Bernie Sanders, Koko the Gorilla.
8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SNACK?
A fried egg
9. YOU LAST SHOW YOU BINGED...
Flea Market Flip
10. DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT SUNDAY
Hang out with our pet ducks, drink martinis, and play monopoly
11. WHAT KIND OF WORK WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOCUS ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
Expanding our facilities and making larger pieces
12. WHAT'S YOUR STAR SIGN?