Brooklyn, New York
Face Mask Design: "Flower Power"
Shawna X is an independent artist & creative based in New York, known for her vibrant, visceral and graphical image-making across digital, spatial and motion mediums. She creates experiences in music, fashion, technology, collaborating with clients such as New Yorker, New York Times, W Hotel, Nike, Google, and Ghostly International. Shawna X enjoys projects about cultural identity, the creative process and more recently, motherhood. She has been invited to speak on these topics by Adobe Max, Us by Night, AIGA Keynote, and in publications such as Creative Independent and the Great Discontent. She taught product and brand design at Parsons School of Design, and is currently learning glassblowing.
Q + A
1. WHICH FACE MASK DID YOU DESIGN ?
2. WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?
3. YOUR STYLE IN ONE WORD?
4. ONE THING THAT HELPS YOU STAY CREATIVE?
5. WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
6. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT NYC?
7. THREE PEOPLE YOU WOULD INVITE TO DINNER? (ALIVE or DEAD)
My grandma who passed away in 2010, Yayoi Kusama and Ram Dass.
8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SNACK?
9. YOU LAST SHOW YOU BINGED...
Crime psychology TV on YouTube.
10. DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT SUNDAY
A drink walking through the park, going through shops.
11. WHAT KIND OF WORK WOULD YOU LIKE TO FOCUS ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
Sculptural pieces, more play with hands!
12. WHAT'S YOUR STAR SIGN?
Gemini sun, Scorpio rising :)